One of the most annoying things I've experienced after working on Windows 7 for a while was that MSN suddenly kept a tab open on the Taskbar. It would also create an icon in the system tray, but the tab would still remain. There doesn't seem to be an option for it either. But it annoys the heck out of me. I wanted to get rid of that sucker!
So I fired a simple request at google... msn windows 7
. Seems I'm not the only one ;)
The solution is simple.
1. Close MSN
2. Locate the msnmsgr.exe file, probably in C:\Program Files\Windows Live\Messenger\msnmsgr.exe or something similar.
3. Go to its properties (right mouse click on the file, select properties).
4. Select the compatibility tab
5. Select Vista from the list
6. Done. Fire up MSN and good riddance!
My source was this
's another one in case you need more help.. or whatever.
Hope it helps you!